Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Těžko říct, je mi líto


Assalamualaikum wbt and good day to everyone.


"Sorry seems to be the hardest word"

Nope, it’s not about that song, I am just quoting the above mentioned lyric, and just that.
Some people find this very agreeable, while I used to think differently.

I mean, what’s so hard about asking for forgiveness? I used to think that people who refuse to apologize are selfish people, and why would people want to be selfish and willing to take the pain of arguing back and forth when they can simply end it by saying “I’m sorry”, "Je mi lito", “It’s my fault” etc (you can add them up as you wish, the apology words I mean)

But, little did I know that I was partly wrong (and partly right), which goes down to :
1.       Asking for forgiveness is indeed hard.
2.       People who refuse to apologize are extremely selfish people, and that selfish people are willing to have endless arguments, just to prove that they are right and others are wrong.

It never occurred to me that the song by Elton John and (insertthegrouphere) [eden terlupa pulak, BLUE? Ade ke? CN BLUE memang ade. BLUE? Erm..] actually directed to those who are close to each other, I mean REALLY close.
Tapi kan, sebenarnya memang that song meant to be that way, tapi tu la, being the ignorant me, I just take the song at face value. (plus the only line and tune I know from that song is just “sorry seems to be the hardest word). *gelengkepala*

Okay, what I’ve been trying to say is, we find it really hard to say SORRY (and in addition, THANK YOU) to those people who are close to us, be it family or friends. Why? Here goes my explanation.

It is hard for us to apologize to family and friends after we did wrong because we don’t feel that we need to. Because, well, they are our family and friends, they are CLOSE to us, they KNOW US WELL. So if we did wrong, it is given that they will forgive us, right? So, why should we bother to apologize? 

It is hard for us to thank our family and friends after we receive help or something from them because we don’t feel that we need to. Because (again) they are our family and friends, they are CLOSE to us. It is given that they should help us when we are in need. So, why should we bother to thank them?

Note the bold words. That’s how we people become selfish; selfish people who take things for granted, not appreciating things we have. Because we always justify that things should be our ways because we deserve it.

People, be nice to your family, and be nice to your close ones. They are all we’ve got.
Try to be the ones to apologize first because you won’t lose anything. Instead you will gain more love and respect.
Don’t forget to be thankful to those people around you, because you won’t lose anything. Instead you will gain more love and respect.
Think how magical those words are in mending our relationship with people around us.

Actually this realization hit me after I myself got into conflict with somebody close to me. Aha, no detail of course, but it is fair to say that I’m trying to improve myself. *senyumdenganmatapandangkirikanan*

Dan sebetulnya, tak guna kalau kita beria-ia minta maaf dan berterima kasih dengan orang luar, kalau orang yang dekat dengan kita tak dilayan sebaik itu. Tak adil kan? 
(Betul, betul, betul – Ipin)

This is Diyana reminding you (and myself); just in case you (and I) forgot.

Sabda Rasulullah SAW yang bermaksud:
“Orang yang paling baik di kalangan kamu ialah orang yang paling baik (pergaulannya) dengan ahli keluarga dan aku adalah yang terbaik dari kalangan kamu dalam pergaulan dengan ahli keluargaku.”
(Ibnu Majah dan Ibnu Hibban).

It’s late, I know, but,
SALAM MAULIDUR RASUL.

And I miss the 9 girls dearly.
And I miss ex-occupants of Vyšehrad.
And I miss the girls in Apt 4 and 10.
지지 언니,당신을보고 싶어요.

2 comments:

  1. sashireun, na ddo, chigumeun, neon neomu bogoshipo. :(
    I just realised how much I love you Diyana-ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. call it cheesy, but i love you too... (hugs)

    ReplyDelete